Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday's Mixtape [3.2.15]

After a week of shit Winter Wonderland, I was glad the weekend came! My race on Saturday was cancelled, but thankfully Sunday's wasn't. I was able to carb-load and slip and slide my way into finishing my 5th half marathon!

All in all the course was fairly ice/snow free (thankfully!), but parts were a bit slick. You just had to be careful. And I really don't have any other course complaints other than that; I was just glad to finish with these two:


My two favorite, kick ass running partners! You two are the BEST.

Onto this weeks mixtape is a few of my favorite songs to run to. Enjoy!


1// You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall and Oats


I'll start with the cheesy 80s song first! I fell in love with this song when it was featured in "500 Days of Summer" (which I also LOVED). It has a fun beat and makes you just want to dance. Or run. Whatever comes first.

2// Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z


Confession time: I love old school Jay-Z. LOVE. There was a point my freshman year of college where, in my room, Jay-Z was on constantly

"99 Problems" also gets played often on my runs, but I think "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" wins by a nose. 

3// I Bet My Life - Imagine Dragons


I've talked a little bit about this song before. It's become a favorite of mine in general, but it's fast paced beat makes it a good jam while doing some cardio! They played it at spin class the other day as well, and it was a good way to end the class.

4// Pom Poms - Jonas Brothers


Another confession: I went and saw the Jonas Brothers movie the first week it was open.

But for real, try not to love this song - go ahead. I'll wait.

5// Riser - Dierks Bentley


I try to steer away from the cheesy country songs, just because they tend to be too much. But, I added this song to one of my playlists recently, and I can't stop listening. It just reminds me that if I can make it through the next mile - I can do anything. Running is all in your head anyway.

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment