Friday, March 31, 2017

At The Movies: 5 Thoughts On "Life"


I know, I know - it's been a minute since I last was here, right? Well..I'm baAAACK!

Let's talk "LIFE" shall we? If you aren't familiar with the newest Ryan Reynolds flick (because, let's be honest - that's the only reason I went to see it..) here is the trailer:


And if you still aren't sure what it's about, here's a synopsis:

"A team of scientist aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life form, that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and all life on Earth." 
(via IMDB)

I KNOW, right?

So I've got a few things to say about it (and I'm going to be honest and they aren't all diamonds) so let's get started! As usual, **SPOILERS AHEAD**

1// I have a hard time believing Ryan would be the first one to die in any situation. I really, really do. He plays the smart ass (because, what other character does he know?) with a savior complex, and he ends up dying first. It's really ridiculous.

2// I would never EVER go to space. I know some kids have that at the top of their list, but I definitely don't. Being sucked out into the universe, space rocks, TERRIFYING ALIENS, no oxygen..I mean, WHO WANTS THAT?!

3// The movie is slow. Even with all the build up and the scary creature - it's slow. It felt like it took an eternity to even GET to the scary alien, so I sort of lost interest in the middle. (until the alien sucked all the muscle and bone off some guys leg..YES)

4// One astronaut DROWNS..because that's a THING in SPACE. Something happens with her suit (while outside the space station) and her suit fills up with water. Who even knew that was possible? I sure didn't.

AND

5// I GUESSED THE ENDING. I'm really quite proud of myself, because most movies are totally able to stump me..and this one didn't. And let's just say the ending..it sucks.


Now, the real question is: should you see it? 

While I thoroughly enjoy Ryan Reynolds in all his forms, he wasn't 100% able to save this one for me. It's slow, and while the premise is really cool - they don't quite pull it off. AND it has a predictable ending. So, all in all, I'd wait til the DVD comes out.

Have a great weekend!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment