Saturday, September 19, 2015

At the Movies: 5 Reasons to See "Maze Runner: Scorch Trials"


And 5 Reasons to See "Maze Runner: Scorch Trials"! As usual, *spoilers ahead*. Honestly, you should really go read the book first. I'll wait.


Okay, you're back? Let's get started!

1// The story continues..


You're probably thinking..duh the story continues. I mean that to say that there's no stop. One minute you're grieving for Chuck (UGH, STILL bothers me!) and the next the Gladers are in a whole new world. One story leads right into the next and it's all action packed. You're wondering from one minute to the next what will happen to our Gladers and how they'll keep on living outside of the Maze they've called home. 


*Spoiler alert*: it's definitely not what you think ;)

2// The scenery.


From the desert like sands of "The Scorch" to the mountains to the broken buildings, MR:ST is full of interesting places. Now, you may be thinking "whats so cool about deserted buildings and sand?" - I'll tell you: not much..ha. But it sure makes for a stunning back drop in this post apocalyptic world. And it definitely makes you wonder..could I survive there too?

3// Attractive men.


I mean..you're welcome.

In all honesty though, I LOVED Minho (played by Ki Hong Lee) and Newt (played by Thomas Brodie-Sangster. They're some of my favorite characters in the book series, and I'm so pleased with who they chose to cast. They're both super talented actors.


I also really enjoyed Frypan (the lovely lad in the middle, played by Dexter Darden) - he was good comedic relief in a rough and tumble world.

And last, but not least..for the "older" generation out there..these guys will do, right?



The creepy Jansen (played by Aiden Gillen - of Game of Thrones fame..if you're into that kind of thing) and the funky Jorge (played by Giancarlo Esposito). Oh, and Dyl..but we'll get to him later!

4// Crazy action scenes!


As you probably guessed..there's a lot of running that happens in this series. Running in the Maze, running from Cranks (oh oh oh..can't wait for you to see them! Yikes.), and running for their lives every thirty seconds - these kids are thrown into a world they know nothing about and survival instincts takes over. Sometimes flight overtakes fight..and you keep moving, no matter what happens. 

5// DYLAN O'BRIEN


If you've been reading this blog for long, you know of my longtime L-O-V-E of this guy! From his collection of embarrassing YouTube videos, to "The First Time", to Teen Wolf, to Maze Runner, I have yet to be disappointed - and not just because he's gorgeous. He's hella funny and incredibly talented. I look forward to seeing his career blow up - and you'll definitely thank me for introducing you to him..you just wait.

And while there are some glaring differences between the book and the movie, I was really surprised at how much I liked it. I'm starting to get away from my Harry Potter days when I used to be just super bummed out when they did something different in a movie than the book - and just be transported into another time for 2 and a half hours. I can enjoy both, and that doesn't mean I'm not a true fan. 

If you have time, please read this series..it's definitely worth it!

Good that Shanks,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment