Monday, June 27, 2016

At the Movies With: "The Fundamentals of Caring"


It's been a while, right? Life has included a lot of big changes, and while I don't talk about those..I do miss writing. I watched a movie today, "The Fundamentals of Caring" that I feel HAS to be talked about. Mostly because I found myself laughing out loud during it.

The trailer:

The positives:
1// The relationship between Craig Roberts (a wonderful little English man who is hilarious) and Paul Rudd. They play patient and caregiver. Each spewing sarcasm and developing a deeper relationship than they even realize. It's sweet.
2// And then you add Selena, who plays "rough and tumble" Dot. I say that with a bit of sarcasm, because a filthy mouth doesn't exactly make you rough. She adds a different element to the movie that I really did enjoy having her.
3// The "John Green element". The story is straight out of a John Green novel - and really, you have to know that anything JG touches turns to gold. I'd be interested in reading the novel this is based on, for sure.
4// The soundtrack. You know I love a good soundtrack.

The negatives:
1// The story is SAD. While it makes for a good emotional pull, you really do feel a lot for Rudd's character - and even for Robert's character. You become sad for the things people go through..how life beats them up. Good thing we're all tougher than we seem.

Wait, that's all I have for negatives :)

It's a simple road trip movie with simple characters who care deeply for each other. They're messed up, messy, and talented - the whole lot of them. It's the type of film, like the Breakfast Club, where you so want to be apart of it by the end. And one you hope the actor's became best friends by the end.  Or is that just me? I know it's acting, but geez..I want everyone to be best friends.

I think I'm getting sappy in my old age.

Anyway, I loved it. If you're looking for a feel good film - you need this one in your life. Head over to Netflix and get your watch on!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment