Sunday, October 4, 2015

At the Movies: Five Reasons to See "The Intern"!


Hi, yes I'm still here! I've been busy, busy lately with my new job, and haven't been doing a whole lot outside of that (because..exhaustion.) BUT - my best friend and I went and saw "The Intern" last night and I have to GUSH about it!!

Here's five reasons you should see it (if you haven't already!):

1// Robert DeNiro


Good ol' Bobby plays the utterly adorable Ben Whittaker, a retired widower who, with a need to do something (anything!), applies for an senior citizen outreach program by a start up fashion company. He's Mr. Congeniality - everyone adores him - and easily makes you fall in love with him as well. As a former person with an "eh, he's not that great" opinion of Robert, this movie has changed my mind. He's charismatic, funny, and you really root for his relationship with Anne Hathaway (his boss at the company) because you just feel like they should be friends. 

2// Anne Hathaway's wardrobe



You know that part in "The Devil Wears Prada" where Anne's character gets a high fashion makeover and she's all of a sudden hot? It's like that in the ENTIRE movie. Her wardrobe is on point. And so is her hair - yay no more short hair for Anne!

P.s. I don't understand why everyone hates Anne. I still see her as Princess Mia..and I love Princess Mia.

3// Robert and Anne's relationship


The one thing I said after this movie (besides "ILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT") was "I really hope they're now best friends in real life. Rob and Anne's relationship was effortless, funny, and sincere. They watched out for each other and took each other's advice. They're relationship made the movie that much better.

4// THIS CHILD.


Little Jojo (which, I'm so glad is her God given name!) Kushner plays Paige - and honestly, she steals the show anytime she's on screen. Her little curls and sweet voice - you just want to hug her. And her relationship with Robert DeNiro makes you smile

5// Da Boys


Adam Devine (who plays Jason), Zach Pearlman (aka Davis), and Jason Orley (aka Lewis) all work with Ben at the fashion start up. They are perfectly cast and their dynamic with the older DeNiro is one of both hero worship and "watch this, he's so old..it'll be funny"! My favorite scene with the four of them is the heist - and the second being when Ben meets the masseuse. You'll know what I mean when you see it!

All in all, I think "The Intern" is easily one of my favorite movies now. You'll laugh (who knew DeNiro was a comedic masterpiece?), you'll cry - and it's nice to go into a movie theater and come out feeling good. So many movies these days have you either scared, hyped up, or sick. Nancy Meyers (writer and director) knows "feel good", and she does it quite well.

This one definitely gets 5 stars from me!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment