Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday's Mixtape: Christmas Edition!


Hi friends! I hope your weekend was fun. I spent mine mostly with my best friend - we saw STAR WARS (a post will be done about that, don't worry!) and Sisters (same..). We shopped and ate and had a great time.

Today I thought I'd mix my two favorites: Christmas music and movies! Here are some of my favorite Christmas songs from some of my favorite Christmas movies..enjoy!

1// Carol of the Bells from "Home Alone"


This exact song is actually my favorite Christmas song. It's hauntingly beautiful and I'm glad it's only busted out once a year. It makes it that much better!

2// White Christmas (by Otis Redding) from "Love Actually"


Y'all, Otis Redding is a boss. His arrangement of this song and style is unlike any other. And it fits so well into this movie.

3// Frosty the Snowman (sung by Michael Keaton) from "Jack Frost"


Fun fact: this is my FAVORITE Christmas movie! 
Fun fact #2: It's the reason I want to name my future child, Charlie. 

Also, Michael Keaton is such a gnarly singer..I wish he would do another movie in which he sings a bit. This blues version of Frosty just screams awesome.

4// Gimme All Your Lovin (by ZZ Top) from "The Santa Clause"


Okay, okay..this song really isn't a Christmas song, but as the #1 reason I LOVE "Gimme All Your Lovin", it makes the list.

It's also my second favorite Christmas movie! Tim Allen is my spirit animal.

P.S. I just realized the kids name in this one is also Charlie. So..THAT MAKES IT EVEN BETTER. Charlie for the win, y'all.

5// "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" (by NSYNC) from "I'll Be Home For Christmas"


This 90's CLASSIC featured my favorite boy band of all time - so, of course, it made the list. And while we're talking about it..I'll just leave this here:


*sigh*

Merry Christmas!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment