Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites: June 5, 2015


I'm so late in the game today, but I love "Friday Favorites" - so I'm going for it. Most of you will end up reading it on Saturday. It's fine. I'm fine.

1// National Running Day and the "Case of the Missing Keys"


Dara and I set out for our own celebration of "National Running Day" and it was great. It was a beautiful morning! We got back to our cars and she realized that she left her keys on the trail somewhere..oops. We walked the whole mile and a half back to our turn around spot with no keys in sight! Dara's husband came to pick us up, and within FIVE MINUTES found the keys. I'm blaming runner's brain. It's the worst sometimes.

2// DA CHEEKS


I got to spend the afternoon with my friend Rachel and her sweet baby girl, who I've called "Da Cheeks" since she was born. The little nugget has the biggest cheeks on the planet, and I LOVE IT. We played bubbles and clearly, it was a magical afternoon!

3// Gallery Wall!


My little apartment is coming together - I worked on my gallery wall this week, and it's almost finished! If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen a picture of the COOLEST thing ever hung on someones wall - the "Welcome" flag. I spent a good hour and a half in an antique store the other morning and came out with 8 vinyls, that little red X, a silhouette (to the right of the black and white mountain photo - it's this little cowboy!), and my flag. The flag used to hang in Will Rogers Coliseum whenever the rodeo was going on. The sign next to it said "want to own a piece of Fort Worth history?!" and I said YUP.

4// Internet Finds:


YAS to Lizzie McGuire jokes and to the Rock dressed as the Hulk. It's like all of my favorite things came together. Magical.

5// I WON A CONTEST!!!!


The lovely HELENE and TAYLOR got together for a giveaway (p.s. if you aren't following them, you SHOULD!) and I WON. I never win anything! And I'm SO EXCITED!

and a bonus #6//


The Beard and I got donuts, snuggled and watched "Bill Nye The Science Guy" after lunch. It was awesome. Being an adult is cool.

Happy National Donut day!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment