Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Favorites 5.8.15


Hi everyone! I hope you made it through the week unscathed - I mostly did. Working two..er, three jobs is tiring me out, but thankfully I have today and tomorrow off so I can rest up.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

1// This verse:


As a Christian, I've heard this verse a lot. A lot a lot a lot. Whenever you're going through something, it seems to be the big pump up verse - and it's true, it totally pumps me up. But I fell in love with it again this week after reading the Message's version. It seems more like a prayer over me, instead of just something I say. I don't know, it's more healing that way.

2// Graduation!





No, I didn't graduate again - but Cinco de Mayo will always remind me of the day that I did (the first time from college) - and this week marked THREE years since that day! Time has stinkin' flown by. Wow. I feel old.

3// Speaking of Cinco de Mayo..




I might have walked around calling myself Carlos and greeting everyone with an "hola!" when they walked in the door. Some people thought I was truly funny, others just stared. They don't have a sense of humor though, and we judge them for that ;)

4// MOVING!


I posted this to my Snapchat yesterday and got one reply - it said "you do that a lot". 
Yup, I do. Shit happens. *shrugs shoulders*

And while I was packing yesterday, I found a bunch of CDs that I had made in high school and college - and boy, was I emo! All of these slow, sad songs came on. It was weird. I laughed pretty hard at myself for that..and then turned them up louder :)

5// But these girls ARE GRADUATING!


Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR of my cousins are graduating this month! One from college and three from high school. I'm so excited to celebrate with (and in spirit with!) them this month. It's such an exciting time, and I hope it's just the best for them! New chapters are fun, my friends - don't forget that.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment