Monday, May 25, 2015

Mixtape Monday: Brought to You Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue!


Before I get to the music, I'd like to take a second to honor those that this day is for. Those men and women who sacrifice everything they have, everything they are - just for the ability to keep everyone else safe. Most that you talk to don't agree with wars (and I'm not saying I do) and how this country is run, but you should respect those that do - and those that go out every day not knowing if they're going to come back home.


They're the true heroes in this world - and they deserve to be treated and remembered as so.

Thank you.

And this set of songs - they're for you. About you. And to you.

1// Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith


He's not everyone's favorite singer - and heck, he's not mine either. But this song kind of pumps me up and makes me remember how bad ass this country is!

2// Citizen Solider by 3 Doors Down


This song and video makes me straight up bawl. Ugly cry. 

3// Ragged Old Flag by Johnny Cash


It's not quite the Man in Black singing per say - but it's good. Gives you chills.

4// I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice


I'll be honest - for the longest time..I didn't want to like this song. It made me sad. Really sad, so I wanted to ignore it. But I can't - it's too good.

5// Star Spangled Banner performed by Jimi Hendrix


In 1969, Hendrix was scheduled to close Woodstock out by being the final act. He played his normal songs, and then this happened. In a time of heartbreak, war and self searching, Hendrix reminded people that we're still here. We're still for the same thing - and he crushed it.

(if you want to know more of that story, go HERE!)

I hope that you all enjoy your day off, but keep in mind all the people who are no longer here but made it possible just to be here. And say a little prayer for them and their families. I know I will. 

Thank you again.

- C

2 comments:

  1. Love the theme of the playlist! All these songs are fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel weird saying thank you for that, because I didn't write them - but I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete