Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Met Gala 2015 : Cuz I Wanna Talk About It.

Seriously though, if I was able to attend a celebrity filled event it would definitely be the Met Gala. (also the Super Bowl..but that's only if the Broncos were playing..) 
It's couture upon couture, dress upon dress, style risk upon style risk - and I L.O.V.E it. Let's talk about some of it then, okay? Okay.

1// Kate Hudson in Michael Kors


CRUSHED IT. The end. Her dress is perfection, her face is gorgeous..her hair, well, it is pretty, but there's this weird braid thing - but other than that, killed it

2// Rihanna in Guo Pei


You've no doubt, by now, seen this dress. While I think it's a tad gaudy and icky, she chose a huge risk (as only she can do!) and it paid off. It's a show stopper.

3// Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka in Ermenegildo Zegna


If you looked up "dapper" in the dictionary, these two would be there. I love that they wore tails - it makes me very giddy.

4// Hannah Bagshawe and Eddie Redmayne in Vallentino


My other favorite couple from the night. Her dress is simple, chic yet totally fashion forward - and Eddie, well, the man can pull of a suit. Amen and amen!

5// Joshua Jackson (in Alexander McQueen) and Diane Kruger (in Chanel)


Her dress - well, pant suit (yes, it's pants) is terrible - but he's flawless. Joshua, I love you.

6// Kristen Wiig in Prabal Gurung


This may not be a Met Gala risk, but whatever Kristen is doing lately, I like.

7// Sarah Jessica Parker in H&M


I give SJP passes for whatever she wants to do because she's SJP..and she's the queen. BUT, the headpiece is a bit much, my friend. (plz don't hate me SJP!)

8// Gabrielle Union in Zac Posen


The color is beautiful on her - go Gabrielle!

9// Jennifer Lawrence in Dior


She got slammed for this in multiple articles that I read, but I like it. The back is cool too:


It's different and a risk. The make up and hair are impeccable. So, bye haters.

10// Elizabeth Banks in Michael Kors


I've decided, I want whoever is dressing Elizabeth lately to dress me! She is on fire! The color is great, it shows off her killer body and everything else is just icing on the cake.

11// Hailee Steinfeld in Michael Kors


She got ripped for this too! For not being a risk - whatever, I love it. It fits her perfectly and it's a great color on her. AND her hair is beautiful.

12// Beyonce in Givenchy

 

If you got it, flaunt it. And then crush it, because..you're Beyonce.

(Images: via, viavia, via, via, via, via, via, via, viavia, via)

- C

2 comments:

  1. Only Rihanna could've pulled off that dress and worked it. Even if I didn't like it. YES JOSHUA JACKSON. He looks fine in anything though, let's be real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! Although..the more I look at it, I'm pretty sure it's not a dress, but a rather large coat! Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

      YES YES YES. He does. I've been in love since Mighty Ducks, so he could pretty much do anything and I'd be up for it. But she definitely has made him a better dresser. For sure.

      Delete