Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday Weekday Update: Carly Conquers Cowtown!


This last weekend featured all of my family - at some point (except my big brother! Booo) - and my cousin! The majority of time was spent with my sister and Carly, my cousin, but I was glad to see everyone and have a houseful!

I picked Car up from the airport on Thursday evening and Friday I had to work (BOO) until lunch time, but by the time I got off work Hannah had arrived! We went out to lunch at Rodeo Goat - it's my absolute favorite restaurant in Fort Worth - it's so yummy, you have to go!


Please ignore my ugly work tshirt :(

After eating a DELICIOUS burger and fries (I totally recommend the Salted Sow), we walked around 7th Street. We found a super cool housewares store, Wrare. 


We found some really cool magnifying glasses and


a trip to the Urban Outfitters photo booth. 
A Photo Booth is always a guaranteed good time.

We (and by we, I mean me..) cleaned up and decided to head down to the Stockyards and show Carly the tourist trap once in a lifetime expierence that it is. 





Most of the shops closed at 6 pm (weird) and so around that time we decided to walk to Joe T Garcia's and have dinner before the line got crazy long! Well, our plan didn't really work because we ended up standing in line for an hour anyway :/ but it's a good atmosphere and the food is DAMN good, so we stayed.


This picture is proof to my parents that we love each other ;)

If you ever make the trip to Joe T's, make sure to bring cash - and there's only two things on the menu, enchiladas and fajitas. It's so so so yummy! I recommend both.

We walked the yummy food off a little bit more by walking around the Stockyards a bit more, and ended our Stockyards trip by teaching the Minnesota girl how to two step:


Saturday we slept in - thankfully, and had breakfast at Cafe Brazil off University! (Are you starting to see a pattern here? FOOD.) And we decided to go check out Main Street Arts Festival downtown. I LOVED IT. Artist from all over come and set up booths in the main part of town and there's hundreds of people, fun vendors and lots of food.

Boyfriend man and my friend Austin decided to join us - and we ended up having lunch at Bird Cafe. Also incredible.


(he's the cutest :)))





After we made the adventure back to 7th Street for popsicles at Steel City Pops! They have an ever changing menu - and I started off with a strawberry lemonade pop and ended up switching with sister for a vanilla with chocolate chip cookie! YES there's a REAL COOKIE in the pop - Y.U.M.


#AustinIsCreepin

And then my sister in law and the kids came over! 



The kiddos and Rebekah (sister in law) had a wedding to go to that night, and my parents then joined us for dinner. We ate at Mellow Mushroom! Mellow is a pizza place - and again, totally recommend it. We were all tired and ended up staying home that night.

Sunday meant more work for me (yay) and some yoga with Hannah. Ha, Sam is the goofiest kid.




When I got back, everyone was hungry and ready for another meal. (don't worry..we all gained the 5 pounds you thought we would). The kiddos and Bekah didn't stay for lunch, but the girls and I went to Uncle Julios. 

After a weekend like that, I am full and happy
Thankful for such a wonderful family!

________________________________________________

P.s. here's a few links I'm loving today:

1// SEVEN foot tall flowers. In love.
2// I'm SO EXCITED for the live action Beauty and the Beast. Ian McKellen's TAKE on the beginning stages of the movie is adorable.
3// I'll see anything with EMMA STONE in it - extra points for Ryan Gosling!
4// The MIME THROUGH TIME girls are beautiful! This video is so cute.

And I'm so embarrassed, but I REALLY LOVE this song and video::


Enjoy your day!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment