Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday's Mixtape: BIRTHDAY edition!


YAY! It's my favorite week of the year! I'll turn the big 2-5 on Friday and I'm excited! Not to become old (25 sounds old..), but just because I love birthdays! And since today is Monday, and there's usually a mixtape, I thought I'd celebrate 25 by giving you 25 of my favorite songs! Some are silly, some mean a hell of a lot, and some are just wonderful and should be shared with the world.

I won't overload and give you every video, but if you click the (+), it will lead you to the video..enjoy!

1// Free Fallin' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers


Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that this is my absolute FAVORITE song of ALL time! I've always thought he wrote it for me: I love Jesus, horses, my mom and I'm crazy about Elvis (..and my boyfriend too!)

2// (+) More Than Anyone by Gavin Degraw 
I've talked about this song on my blog before - and it's special in all kinds of ways, but I especially love the stripped down version of this song. So good.

3// (+) Your Smiling Face by James Taylor
I about died of happiness when I listened to this song live at his concert last summer. Life. Made.

4// (+) Dance, Dance, Dance by Steve Miller Band
If you grew up a Bergren, you sang this song. Often. It's a very special song to me!

5// Run by George Strait


This song gives me chills every time. And while searching for a video for it, I found Taylor Swift covering it, and she said it was her favorite King George song as well. So that's a win in my book!

6// (+) He Thinks He'll Keep Her by Mary Chapin Carpenter
Ya'll, I could listen to MCC all day and remember sitting with my dad listening to CDs and falling in love with this song. It's totally about leaving your husband, but little 7 year old Caitlin sang it with all her heart ;)

7// (+) A Drop in The Ocean by Ron Pope
"I was praying that you and me might end up together" is one of my favorite lines in a song, ever. Ron is a lyrical genius with this song.

8// (+) Jesus and Mama by Confederate Railroad
Another favorite courtesy of my poppa - he's the reason I love music so much.

9// (+) Oats in the Water by Ben Howard
Another lyrical genius. I love me some Ben Howard.

10// Gold Digger by Kanye West ft Jamie Foxx


This is my ultimate guilty pleasure song! And I proudly know ever word :)

11// (+) Tell Me Why by Pat Benetar
My parents used to sing this to me when I was small - whenever I was sad or afraid. It reminds me of how much they love me and Pat singing it makes it so much better.

12// (+) Elastic Heart by Sia
This song has quickly become my favorite running song. It always seems to come on at an especially hard part of my run, and it reminds me that whatever comes at me: I have thick skin and an elastic heart. Whatever comes I can battle..I can rally, and I can win.

13// (+) Bye, Bye, Bye by N'Sync
Time won't diminish my love for this song. N'Sync love is forever people. Forever.

14// (+) Sunny and 75 by Joe Nichols
Joe has one of my favorite voices out there, and this song just makes me smile. And wish I was on a beach somewhere.

15// Just Breathe by Pearl Jam


I have so much love for this song. It actually makes me very emotional most of the time, because of it's connection to my family, but that doesn't stop me from listening. I would love to see Eddie and the guys in concert - that would be amazing.

16// (+) Gimme All Your Lovin' by ZZ Top
I'm actually going to be totally honest and say that I first heard/fell in love with this song because of my favorite Christmas movie, the Santa Clause. As in the Tim Allen movie. And we'll quickly refresh your memory:


Seriously though, best movie ever and if you wanted to know, ZZ Top puts on one of the best concerts EVER.

17// (+) Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
"Well I've been afraid of changing because I built my life around you.." - how could you 
not love that?

18// (+) Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band
This song reminds me of Colorado, and anything that can do that - is my favorite.

19// (+) Back to December by Taylor Swift
I HAVE THE HARDEST TIME PICKING MY FAVORITE TAYLOR SONG. 
But this one is pretty damn close. 

20// Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard


If you don't dance on tables or bars to this song, you lie. You totally lie.

21// (+) Faithfully by Journey 
Don't Stop Believin' is NOT my favorite Journey song..but before you gasp, you have to listen to the ballad of all ballads, Faithfully. Go now, I'll wait.

22// (+) Look At Me Fly by Stoney Larue
I actually don't have a real reason for loving this song..only that I do. I very, very much do.

23// (+) Halo by Beyonce
You thought I would go this whole time without a shout out to the Queen? Please.

24// (+) Your Winter by Sister Hazel
Couldn't not add some angsty 90's rock, courtesy of the "10 Things I Hate About You" 
soundtrack. Love.

"I won't be anyone's excuse to cry.."

25// All I've Ever Needed by Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald


And last, but not least - my current favorite song
Ignore the fact that it's from Twilight, I do. Just bask in how beautiful it is.

Cheers to 25,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment