Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday Weekday Update: Birthday Edition & Some Links!


I feel like it's been so long since I've done a Wednesday Weekday Update! Well here it is - a little bit of birthday fun, sprinkled with some links I'm loving this week and maybe a video or two! Party!

1// BIRTHDAY

I started off Friday (the day of the birth) with work. I know, I know - you're supposed to take your birthday off, but I figured since my friends were all going to be at work, I didn't really want to be sitting at home all by myself. And I had Thursday off too, so it was just too much - BUT, my manager let me go home early anyway. Before I went home for a glorious nap, I found out that we had just gotten paid AND everything was 50% off at work, so I took advantage:

tights are from Beyond Yoga

Those AMAZE-BALL tights came home to live with me, along with a cute little tank that I'm also incredibly in LOVE with. I took a nap and received a text from my manager saying flowers had been delivered, so I had to go back up to work for them. They're gorge. I want it to be my birthday every day so I can have pretty flowers!

The day was spent napping (again) and just kind of relaxing. I also got to go to lunch with my sister in law! She was in town for a class and we got to spend some time together. I'm so glad at least part of my family was here on my birthday :)


 Austin came over in the early evening, picked me up, and we headed to the Coyote Drive In!


I'm SUPER thankful for that little group of people who joined me for a birthday movie! You people are the BEST. My cute date is named Arthur, if you're wondering, and he's ADORABLE.

We sat in the back of the truck and semi-listened to Insurgent. And it was a good night. It was a good birthday :)

Saturday morning was spent running 20 miles with this lady:


She's a total rockstar - it was a really hard run, and she did so great! We'll be ready for this marathon when it comes!

Saturday afternoon meant a nap and finding this little number on my porch:

(THANKS SISTER!)

 and a hockey game with my love:


I donned Chicago Blackhawks gear to watch them take on the Dallas Stars - and the Stars whooped up on the Blackhawks 4-0. It was super fun, but I was super, super pooped during the 3rd period. 20 miles can sure wreck you!

All in all it was a great weekend and I'm so super blessed by so many people! Thank you all for your kind words and such - and just one more birthday thing. Everyone's card game was on POINT this year:


I love cards :) I love my birthday.

And ever since then I've just been working and trying to finish a painting for a family friend. I'll post that later. But here's some fun links I've been loving this week:

1// Luke and Cat are some of my favorite wedding photographers! They shot this wonderful wedding of Vanessa and Chris that I adore. Especially those bridesmaids dresses - looove.
2// The Jealous Curator is this great little blog that showcases artists and I'm super into her post for Katte Geneta and her little paintings. So simple, so beautiful.
3// And I love these shots my photog friend, Allison shot of other friends, Wes and Hannah. They're really wonderful people and the Dallas skyline was just beautiful! I'm so glad they turned out so well.

And this video, from Ellen's show is just perfect:


Little Heaven is just FOUR YEARS OLD and can rock better than most people three times her age! I wish I had those kind of skills.

I hope y'all have a great rest of your week,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment