Thursday, July 9, 2015

Help A Sister Out!

I decided after totally devouring "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler (a must read!), that I would like to set a goal for myself. I would like to read 25 biographies/memoirs by the end of this year. I love hearing the struggles, triumphs and wisdom of people I don't know..always have. Here's my list so far..

1// "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler


I'm starting with Amy - my inspiration for this challenge..check that one off the list already :)

2// "If You Find This Letter: My Journey to Find Purpose Through Hundreds of Letters to Strangers" by Hannah Brencher


Hannah is someone I'd like to be friends with. Possible best friend status if she'll let me (hi Hannah!). I've followed her blog/instagram/twitter for a few years now and everything she writes is total magic. She says everything I wish I could say in a way that hits you square in the face every time. It's usually exactly what I need to hear.

3// "For the Right Reasons: America's Favorite Bachelor on Faith, Love, Marriage and Why Nice Guys Finish First" by Sean Lowe


I love Sean..straight up. I rooted for him on the Bachelorette (yes Emily, you TOTALLY missed out) and on his season of the Bachelor. I love his relationship with Catherine (although, it was a tad unexpected - but the best things are, right?). I think he's funny and kind and I'm interested to see a little behind the scenes of the Bachelor! 

4// "It Was Me All Along" by Andie Mitchell


I forgot which blog talked about this, but I've been intrigued ever since - just haven't picked it up at the library. Andie is a food blogger (find her at canyoustayfordinner.com ) and has struggled with weight and body image for her entire life. This book is all about dropping 100+ pounds (you go girl!) and self love. 

SO - obviously I need 21 more. I'm shouting this into the blogging universe and asking for help in finding those twenty one. I've already read "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed (LOVED LOVED LOVED - seriously, so good..better than the movie!) so anything besides that, I'm game.

Thanks in advance for your help! 
C

No comments:

Post a Comment