Thursday, February 26, 2015

Johnny Cash.


Today is Johnny's 83 Birthday. And the man deserves a post.

My favorite Cash song is a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song called "Hurt". I realize it isn't his song (being a cover and all), but Johnny absolutely crushes it. Enjoy:


And you can't talk about the Man in Black without:


And:


And one more, with his love, June:


Which is my favorite song they did together..and coincidentally, it's a Bob Dylan cover. I guess I like Johnny's versions more than the OG. Oops.

Check HERE for some life-affirming words from the man himself.
And HERE for some personal notes he wrote. The one to June is beautiful.

But..one more song for the road:


"She Used to Love Me A Lot" is from an posthumous album, released in 2014 through Legacy Records. The songs on the album were from lost recording sessions in the 80's, that were filed away by his record company at the time and found by his son in 2012. 

Because you're mine, I walk the line
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment