Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday's Mixtape [2.2.15] and Super Bowl nonsense!


Welcome! Since last night was the Super Bowl, this post is really going to just have to do with all things Super Bowl 49. So, you're welcome.

1. This Is How We Do - Katy Perry


I think this may be my favorite Katy Perry song. But I think it's tied with...

2. Roar - Katy Perry


My brother once told me that "Roar" reminded him of me. I think he said something about me being tough - that's always stuck with me! Thanks big bro :)

3. Unconditionally - Katy Perry


Home girl has pipes in this one! It's one of those songs that you get to turn up really loud and pretend you're just as good of a singer as she is.

Except, not.

4. American Woman - Lenny Kravitz


I really REALLY REALLY really REALLY wanted Katy and Lenny to do this one together last night. It really is my only complaint of her performance!

They would have killed it. You'll just have to listen to Lenny kill it all by his lonesome.

But it's so good.

5. Lose Control - Missy Elliot


YALL.

I FREAKED out when Missy got on stage! Woman still has it. 
And can we talk about how skinny she was? Geez. Lookin' good girl.

Speaking of, people DIDN'T KNOW WHO MISSY WAS.
Like had to google her.

Just like they did with Paul McCartney when Kanye featured him on his latest song. Children were saying how Kanye is "helping out up and coming artists".

Your parents clearly hated you enough not to show you who Paul McCartney (and Missy!) was/were/are.

Ugh. Moving on..


Since my favorite team wasn't actually playing, I'm refusing to do that category. Yes, there was a specific category.

I did, therefore, cheer for the Patriots (only a little) because my man friend is a big Tom Brady fan. (sorry Denver..you're still number one 4eva!)

Favorite Commercial:


Liam Neeson - Clash of Clans


"Wisdom" - Dodge

I had to do a tie! I love Liam Neeson - his voice just makes me so happy. And he's so awesome! But, the Dodge commercial was genius. I love old people. They make everything better!

Favorite Katy Perry Moment:


It wasn't Katy Perry as much as the singing sharks..ammiright?

Favorite Seahawks moment:


Because at that moment, all was right in the world.

Favorite Patriots moment?


Malcolm Butler played Division II ball in college.
Malcolm Butler went undrafted.
Malcolm Butler was first involved in the crazy catch Jermaine Kearse made. You know the one that bounced off his knee, his elbow, his hands..everything.

Malcolm Butler made the Super Bowl saving play (above) TWO plays later.

I mean, damn
Even I was impressed.

All in all, the Patriots pulled it off. I got to eat a cupcake. And man friend was happy. It was a good Super Bowl Sunday.

- C

1 comment:

  1. Simply terrific I mean how much more could you ask for. Well written I feel like I was there completely. That man friend of yours sounds pretty great I mean to live in Texas and like Tom Brady that says something about a person and he got you a cupcake that sounds like the perfect night to me

    ReplyDelete