Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday's Mixtape [2.23.15] & some other goodies.


This Monday is all about me, my bed and my Netflix. I have a few seasons episodes of Sons of Anarchy to catch up on, and when the weather outside is frightful..there's really only thing to do. And, as for todays picks - I'm going with some warm weather tunes. Jams you'll hear while on the beach, with a drank drink in your hand..enjoy!


Sunny and 75 - Joe Nichols


"Sunny and 75" is one of my favorite Joe Nichols songs. 
And Joe is one of my favorite voices in country - and "Yeah" is also an honorable mention with Joe. It's another feel good, summer kind of song.


Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles


I know, I know..it seems like a really obvious choice for a summery song - but let me know when you actually get sick of this song. I'll wait.


Summer Time Blues - Alan Jackson 


Originally done by Eddie Cochran - I chose the Alan Jackson version, because really..I like it better. Sorry Eddie! #aintnocureformysummertimeblues


Island in the Sun - Weezer


"We'll run away together,
We'll spend some time forever,
We'll never feel bad anymore.."


Cruise (Remix) - Florida Georgia Line (ft Nelly)


This song is one of those songs that I'm semi-embarassed that I like, but it's just so good. And adding Nelly to the track? LOVE.

+/+/+

And since the Oscars were last night - I have to talk a little bit about them! I didn't watch, but thanks to Youtube and Buzzfeed - I'm about caught up. I'm going to ignore all of the political and race things, because that will only start issues (that I really don't care about) - so, we're just going to talk Best Dressed :)

The lovely ladies are first:


The color washes out a bit, 
but for a woman who just had twins in the last year..damn.


Simple, but still beautiful. Her undo and red lip make the clean look 
more beautiful.

P.s. what was with all the white dresses on the carpet this year?!


The queen. Chic and business casual. I still love it.


Oh, I have such a major girl crush on her right now.
The look isn't my favorite, but I still think she looks great.
A+ for her fringe!


Again, major girl crush.

The color isn't my favorite, but Emma is always trying something
different and I so, so applaud.


Jennifer always wears the same dress, but this one
seems a bit different - and I like it. 

(all the ladies via HERE!)

Anna is killing it this year on the carpet! Everything is chic,
clean, and pretty. She should win all the awards.

And as for the men folk:


Neil and David always look polished and wonderful.
Props for branching out of the black suit and tie category, men!

(mens photos via HERE!)

And Chris. Love. So handsome.

And, I'll leave you with my favorite performance from the night:


I don't love Lady Gaga or the Sound of Music, but found myself crying at the end. So beautiful, and it makes me wish Lady Gaga would leave all her meat dresses behind and sing like this forever.

A girl can dream, right?
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment